1. There will be no filibuster attempt. If Harry Reid doesn’t quash the idea himself, he will be persuaded to do so by his own caucus.
2. A significant number of Democratic senators who announced themselves “very concerned” about Alito’s presumptive views on “a woman’s right to choose” and other matters will nevertheless vote for him in the end.
3. No more than one or two Republican senators will vote against him.
4. Arlen Specter will not be one of those opposed.
5. The final vote in favor of Alito will be more than 60 senators, possibly more than 65.