Oprah too scared to support Obama this time

May 10, 2012
By

He’s toxic:

When talk show queen Oprah Winfrey announced she was publicly supporting Barack Obama for president back in 2008, she shocked many TV insiders who had always thought it best for talk show hosts to keep their political views to themselves.

Now as the 2012 election process has officially begun, sources tell me this time around Oprah’s support will be much more private.

“For 2012, much has changed for Oprah. She now has own cable channel called OWN that has been struggling to find an audience — she isn’t going to do anything to alienate them,” a TV insider tells me. “Unlike in 2008, when a drop in ratings didn’t matter as much for the queen of TV, Oprah is now fighting every day to get people to tune into OWN.”

Oprah Winfrey’s daily talk show ratings dropped in 2008 after her highly publicized political rally for Barack Obama’s presidential campaign. An October 2008 Gallup poll before the rallies but after Oprah’s public endorsement of Obama found that Oprah’s favorable ratings had fallen from 74 to 66 percent while her unfavorable ratings jumped from 17 to 26 percent. Then came news that Oprah’s TV ratings showed that her daytime audience, which was nearly 9 million at its height in 2004-05, had fallen to 7.3 million.

(via InstaPundit)

10 Responses to Oprah too scared to support Obama this time

1. itsagreatcountry on May 10, 2012 at 10:18 pm

In a way, I almost feel sorry for Black people who feel they have to support someone just because he/she is also Black. You would think people like Oprah would be beyond that. But she isn’t. What surprised me even more than this, is the Black investment expert on FOX Business Channel, Charles Payne, who usually looks and speaks intelligently enough, admitting that he voted for Obama, because of some race-related issue. Now, you’d really think he would know better. Wonder how long it will take until they don’t feel they have to do that any more.

2. I am on May 11, 2012 at 12:31 am

that will probably happen right around the same time the kkk breaks up and white people treat black people as equals.

3. itsagreatcountry on May 11, 2012 at 6:39 am

White people already treat Black people as equals. Except for in college admissions, where Blacks are treated better than Whites. Imagine how nice it would be to get a college seat over your White counterpart when you have scored several hundred points below him/her on entrance tests, and have lousier grades. Yes, I am, like you (LOL) I would love to have that day come when the White admissions counselors treat Whites and Backs equally.

4. I am on May 11, 2012 at 7:30 am

haha funny well not really but I’m being polite.

5. itsagreatcountry on May 11, 2012 at 7:48 am

Unfortunately, I am, it is not funny. It is all too true and idiotic. How does discriminating against Whites and Asians in favor of Blacks and other minorities help the racial issue in this country? It can’t help but breed mistrust. And deservedly so.

6. ATTILA on May 11, 2012 at 9:09 am

Oprah will run true to form and vote for the brotha, just like the all rest. Black racism is alive and well.

7. Rafael on May 11, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Remember, ‘I am on’ has a chip on his shoulder. Disregard his comments. He doesn’t think racism is a two way street…look at his comments in the threads. See his latest postings and whining … he is a victim. :)

8. rdawwgy on May 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm

White people don’t treat black people as equals – we treat them as children that must be coddled – example – all the foodstamps, welfare they receive – because we can’t trust them to make

9. I am on May 12, 2012 at 8:56 am

^thanks for partially making the point.

I really can’t be bothered with a history lesson but if you think the black man has some kind of unfair advantage over the white man in the USA you have some screws missing.

10. MARIE WILLIAMS on July 18, 2012 at 8:25 am

THE REASON WHITES TREAT BLACKS THE WAY THEY DO IS THEY DESERVE IT. THEY LIE, THEY CHEAT, THEY ROB, THEY STEAL. THEY ALL WANT A FREE RIDE. I AM AN AUTO DEALER AND AT LEAST 2 PER MONTH COME IN GETTING (females) SOC SEC DISABILITY FRAUDULENTLY. THEY HAVE 5 + KIDS AND THE MOM AND ALLLLLLL OF THE KIDS GET $500+EACH BECAUSE A CROOKED BLACK DR. SAYS THEY ALL HAVE
    ASTHMA. THATS WHY THE SOC SEC FUND IS GOING BROKE DUE TO SORRY NON WORKING BLACKS THAT THINK THE WORLD OWES THEM SOMETHING. I HAVE TURNED IN MANY OF THEM TO THE SOC SEC ADM.
    ONE THIS WEEK CAME IN DRAWINT $5000 PER MON FROM THE FUND AND DOESNT HIT A LICK AT ANYTHING AND PROB HAS NEVER PUT A DIME INTO THE FUND. THEY ARE ALLLLL SORRY, WHEN THEY MOVE INTO A WHITE COMMUNITY WITHIN 1 YR IT LOOKS FILTHY , AND LOSES VALUE. THEY DONT CUT THE GRASS THEY PUT TRASH IN THE YARD, THE HOMES NEED PAINT ON AND ON. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.