Michael Barone points out just how high Republican turnout was in yesterday’s primaries.
Well Poli, there certainly is enthusiasm on the left:
The suspect was reportedly a disgruntled progressive activist employed by Russ Carnahan. An unnamed source familiar with the case released the information. Suspect Chris Powers reportedly was upset because he did not get paid so he firebombed the Carnahan finance offices at 2 in the morning.
Sounds like a swell guy!
Not to mention the pro-911 mosque supporter who apparently decided to attack a Muslim cabbie… http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/charles-johnson-blames-right-wing.html
Overall, the voting pattern I have seen since Senator Scott Brown (MA-R) was elected is that:
1) In heavily urban Blue states, independents are breaking three to two against Democrats.
2) In mixed urban/rural Purple & Red States, independents are breaking two to one against Democrats
3) In heavily rural, small, Red states, the independents would be breaking three to one against Democrats, if there were any independents left.
4) Democratic turn out is down from 2002, let alone 2006 or 2008
5) Republican turn out is proportionately higher than 1994.
6) When Republicans vote in the general election, they are going 9 to 1 for Republican candidates.
7) When Democrats vote in the general election, they are going about 8 to 1 for Democratic candidates.
Numbers one through five on the above list repeated themselves on Tuesday.
In that regard, This stands out for me from a recent PPP blog post quote on Scott’s Florida victory:
Instead of calling a list of people who had a history of voting in past primary elections, as we usually do, we just called folks who had a history of voting in general elections and then screened on voting intent for the primary from there.
A significant percentage of the Presidential General election conservative voter is now a low turn out, mid-term, Republican primary voter.
Which means that the Republican primaries are now filed with new, conservative but not party aligned, independent voters.
The name for them used to be “Reagan Democrat.”
Its consistently great to learn guidelines such as you part targeted blog posting. As I only began posting remarks targeted blog and dealing with trouble as in lots of rejections. I think the suggestion would be useful for me. i’ll let you know if its function for me too.
I have been browsing the web more than three hours today, and this is the best article I’ve come across. I’m a content fiend so I’ve actually seen a lot already.In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made as good content as youhave, the internet would bemuch more useful than ever before.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *